Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It has been a while since I've written about food. I have been trying to figure out the many facets of my new job.  It is amazing to see how products go from development to shelf. It is also amazing  to see how such large volumes of food get produced. 

What is funny is that it makes me want to be even closer to my food source and really support local economy. When I am in town I have been frequenting the farmers markets still. I should go and take some pictures but tend not to bring my camera.

I know this isn't much of a post but I just wanted to get a post in, in hopes that I will inspire myself to write more frequently. 

1 comment:

HAtharifar said...

I just moved to Lancaster, PA from Dallas, TX. Due to presence of Amish lands, there are a lot of farmers market in this area. Most of them are only during summer, but some of them are annually.
Seems like people in this area are binded to the local farmers and they do appreciate their presence with increasing business and local festivals.
I hope this will be the case in all over the United States in the near future. Growing interest in the organic food in the recent years show some highlights.
I guess it all depends on the customres. Today, customers' choice in the supermarket will rectify our food in the future.

Keep up writing about food. I read almost all your posts.