Thursday, March 02, 2006

Cursed With Electronics

It seems that no matter what I always have some electronic that is broken. I believe the downfall of my relationship with electronics started last year when my microwave quit on me. My hunt for a new one was something else. I finally found one with a browning feature that I thought would benefit me because I live in a dorm, well when I plugged that baby in she started smoking! We took that one right back to the store. And now (knock on wood) I've had the one I have now for about 4 months and she is holding up well.

Next to go was my printer. I had an Epson scanner printer thing and I loved it. I never treated it badly and it's not like it ever got banged up or dropped. But all of a sudden it stopped printing with the new ink cartrages I'd put in it. I wasted soo much paper and ink on head cleaning it , it was rediculious. Well my wonderful parents replaced it for me, with a different brand mind you. But last night I came to find that I wasn't the only one who had this problem. I was talking with my Dad (he has two of these printers one at work and one at home) and he askes me "guess what blew up at work today?" His printer at work crapped out just like mine! Well that makes me feel slightly better and they know that I really didn't do anything to my printer.

But let me tell you about my experience with cameras. Now first I should let you all know that my father taught me well, and I take care of my things especially the expensive things that I want to have for awhile. But accidents do happen don't they? In high school I went on a wonderful trip with my french class to Canada. Well when we got back one of my rolls of film got stuck in my camera, it was advantix film and I had some shed tears about losing that roll. Next we have my first digital camera. I got a little cannon elf, I believe it was an sd 100. Well this puppy lasted me up until this year. Oh we had some good times with her. But she took a little tumble out of my pocket and seemed fine until the lense woudn't retract in an error 1 or something. So for Christmas I got my new Hp. Well here's the story. I want this little one to get me through Europe this summer. However some icy sidewalk had other plans for my camera. I have to park my car a little ways away from my apartment so I tend to ride my bike over to the parkinglot. Well that sometimes is a hard ride especally when the wind is blowing and it is 20 degrees out. Well I almost got back to my apartment this night and realize that I've left my dome light on. Can't drain the battery now can we? So I turn around and it is freezing out and I get to the part of the sidewalk where it curves and is full of ice. Well I have thought to myself before that I will one day fall on it and that one day had finally come. My front tire slipped and my handlebars turned and boom! I went down flat on my back, my purse flew out of my hands and I even hit my head ( thank goodness it wasn't hard). Stressed out I got up and walked my bike across the rest of the ice and proceeded to my car. The light was on and I was thankful that I had remembered I left it on.
So a few days later I decide to charge my camera so I can take some family pictures. It charges right up and I turn it on.....the screen is white! with all these dark spots in it! OMG I BROKE MY BRAND NEW $200 CAMERA! The screen had shattered. I could still take pictures but there is no way to change the modes or see the pictures.
Well despite all of this I'm hoping that the third time is the charm and I have ordered ( and am paying for it myslf) a little panasonic DMC-LZ2 Lumix.

She is currently in the mail and I can't wait to see her. I have read some mixed reviews but have good feelings that this camera will be perfect for me. And I will be taking particular good care of her. Hopefully I will be able to take some great shots for this site. I am a bit sad that I won't have it for my trip to DC but hey that's the way things go and I didn't have the extra $30 to shell out for overnight delivery. But she should be here when I get back from my trip. How Exciting!

No comments: