Tuesday, March 28, 2006

DC and the Lumix

Well I got my camera on Friday, the day before I left for DC. So I had to experiment with it while I was on the trip. My advice to anyone is to make sure that you know how to use your camera before taking it on vacation. I know I really had no other choice but it became really frustrating for me on the trip. I did encounter a major problem however. This camera does not have a view finder. This isn't such a big deal for a digital because I hardly ever used a viewfinder with my old elf. However the lcd screen has glass over it and is very shiny. While some days on the trip were overcast I still had problems sometimes trying to see what was in the viewfinder.

However I did find a remedy for this. It is a little polarized piece of plastic that fits right on top of the screen. It doesn't seem like another clear plastic thing would help much to reduce glare, but this is a must have for the camera. The camera has tons of features and there isn't a camera this size with a 6x zoom. It is the ultimate package whith this one flaw. But I have remedyed this and now I am ready to start taking lots more pictures.

No comments: